When you think of mangos, you think about tropical paradise. But have you ever wondered of all benefits mango can bring to your life every morning?. Not only is one of my favorite fruits but definitely, what brings to my everyday is amazing. Although they are out of season right now, I’m lucky to find some at the supermarket. Here I present to you 5 reasons to add yellow to your mornings from a delicious Mango:
- Prevents Cancer: Mango is a rich source of antioxidants (molecules that reduce free radicals in your body), antioxidants help to protect your cells and prevent many different types of cancer, such as colon, breast, leukemia and prostate cancer.
- Improves Digestion: Mangoes are very rich in fiber, if you add fiber to your daily diet advantages such as weight control, heart health improvement, low cholesterol, digestive functions and appetite control, will be added to your everyday. Mangoes contain enzymes that break down proteins and rich in pre-biotic dietary fiber (helps the colonization of good bacteria in your intestine).
- Source of Vitamins: Vitamin A and C are found in significants concentracions in mangoes. Vitamin A improves your night vision and Vitamin C contributes to a healthy inmune system and reduces free radicals as well.
- Good for your Memory: Mangoes contain Glutamine, converted into your boby in Glutamic acid, which is a neurotransmitter that improves your memory and concentration. So eating this delicious fruit will help you to be really focused on any task.
- Regulates Cholesterol Levels: Mango is really efficient when it comes to reducing LDL (“bad”) cholesterol. They inhibit cholesterol absorption from the intestine in humans. Their richness in Vitamin C as mentioned before, controls the transformation of cholesterol into bile acids in the liver, and helps reduce cholesterol accumulation in blood serum as well as the liver; and also works to lower the risk of cardiovascular disease and it helps to increase our good cholesterol.
Now that you know this, think about a good bowl of sliced mango, or a refreshing smoothie in the morning. Doing this and feeling blessed and thankful, you will be nourishing your body and improving your health.
With love & joy,